Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Holy Week Fast -day 5


Well, I see the finishline. I have a little over 48 hours to go.  Yesterday was pretty easy. I had a large job and my mind was on getting it right an done and had no time to think of food. Even with my coworker eating a giant cheeseburger next to me, I didn't feel hungry or tempted to rip it out of his hands and devour it.

Last night was a different story. Wow. I went to bed and crashed for about three hours. Then my eyes involuntarily opened and my nights sleep was over at 1:30am. At 5am I tried to sleep an dozed until my alarm sounded at 6.

Today I feel like I'm running the gauntlet. I'm sluggish and hungry, but I see the finish line ahead. Good Friday is two days away and I am proud of myself for even attempting much less finishing. 

One should not boast a fast, the Bible says. So when someone asks me why I'm not eating I try to change the subject. My coworker however kept aaking an I told him. His response was "I'd die if I didn't eat for a week. You're not gonna die on me are you?"  It was a chance to share the Bible with him. I told him about religious fasting and why I'm doing it. It was a great dialogue.

"Father, I'm in awe of you.  I ask that you continue to strengthen me. The finishline is close. Give me the stamina to finish strong for your glory."


No comments:

Post a Comment